Last Modified: December 1, 2014
BirdDog ("Company" or "we") respects your privacy and is committed
to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect
from you or that you may provide when you visit this website (our "Website") and
our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that
This policy applies to information we collect:
It does not apply to information collected by:
- On this Website.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide
dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites
and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- These policies do not apply to information you disclose to third parties (e.g.,
to employers through their own job boards) even if the Website facilitates the connection
between you and that third party. Those interactions are governed by any terms and
conditions listed at the third party’s site.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies
and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not
agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website. By
change from time to time. Your continued use of this Website after we make changes
is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of
age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do
not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under
13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of
its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use
any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any
information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number,
e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have
collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification
of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have
any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users
of our Website, including information:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by
Company or any third party ( except for our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (except for our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through
any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible
from or on the Website.
We collect this information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail
address, telephone number, social security number, resume information, or /any other
identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as employment history
or interest ; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically
may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies,
web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed
(hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other
users of the Website or third parties, including, for example, announcing your availability
for jobs in the ‘hidden job market’ (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User
Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be
aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot
control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share
your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User
Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through
Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact
with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain
information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or uploading information.
This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website,
subscribing to our service, posting or uploading material or requesting further
services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion
sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment
of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing
an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Any interest you express or application you make for any employment opportunity
including any resume he or she uploads.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about
your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online
services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically is statistical data
and may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with
personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It
helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service,
including by enabling us to:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs
and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address,
operating system and browser type.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according
to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide
to us, including any personal information:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive
of your computer. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate
setting on your browser. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to
access certain parts of our Website. Unless you have adjusted your browser setting
browser to our Website.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or
Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation
to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings
as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic
files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel
gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those
pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity
of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We may also use your information to contact you about our own
and third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. We may use
the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements
to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal
information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise
interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users without
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered
into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer
or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To link your interest in jobs with various potential employers, or to link a potential
employer’s hiring interests to you. This may include specific potential employers
to whom you choose to send your resume, and it may include more general connections
with potential employers based on statistical, demographic, or other factors used
now or in the future to connect you with potentially relevant employment opportunities.
- To communicate to other candidates any job leads you provide us.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring,
reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets,
whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding,
in which personal information we hold about our Website users is among the assets
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted
out of these disclosures. This may include, for example, companies performing background
checks or drug screenings pursuant to employment transactions facilitated by the
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us a job
lead we will communicate the lead to potential candidates; if you give us an e-mail
address to use the "e-mail a friend" feature of our Website, we will transmit the
contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- We may share your information with potential employers to permit things such as
resume review, pre-employment screening, and facilitating video conferencing or
voice communications through the internet.
Once created, copies of your User Contributions may remain
viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other
Website users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Website, including
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our
Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our
disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write
us at: 2900 100th Street, Ste. 108, Urbandale, IA 50322.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal
information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and
The safety and security of your information also depends on
you. Ifwe have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain
parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet
is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information,
we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our
Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not
responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained
on the Website.
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our privacy
at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active
and deliverable e-mail address for you, and for periodically visiting our Website
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any
government or regulatory request.
and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property,
or safety of Company, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information
with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and
credit risk reduction.