We are currently seeking an Electric Meter Service Technician to join our team.
- Performs removal and installation of single phase electric meters and delivery of notices as required
- Demonstrates safe, high quality work practices in a team atmosphere
- Performs up to standards within time frames outlined by Field Supervisor and Project Manager.
- Commitment to customer service - responding to the needs of internal and external customers.
- Completes all work in an organized, timely manner, within instructed standard procedure.
- Identifies and immediately reports to management all hazardous working conditions and specifically those hazardous conditions that prohibit the safe disconnect or reconnect of meters
- Sets appropriate priorities and works in accordance with legal hours worked policy and all safety requirements as outlined within Corporate Policy and Procedures.
- Day, Evening and Weekend Shifts required. Some overtime and weekend hours may at times be required.
- Experience Preferred but not necessary, we have a training program that we will train you to do the job safely and correctly.
- Willing to travel outside the Connecticut area a plus
- We are a Drug Free Work Place; Employees at all levels are subject to pre-employment as well as random drug screens throughout the duration of the project.
- We are committed to attaining only the highest quality employees: Stringent Driving History and Driving Experience Requirements. All staff is subject to pre-employment and periodic background checks to verify clean driving records.
- Commitment to complete work assignments and high meter reading accuracy.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be able to read written instructions, write legibly, understand verbal instruction, make simple computations, complete daily work assignments and transpose numbers accurately.
- Ability to read meters and willingness to learn to operate new equipment and implement new procedures.
- Physical capacity to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing the work assignment.
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with unexpected situations on customer premises such as, irate customers, unfriendly dogs, meter tampering and the unexpected.
- Ability to comprehend new hand-held technology i.e., Cell Phones, GPS, PDAs, Digital Cameras.
- Strong Directional Skills: Ability to read and understand maps via GPS instruments and websites, i.e. Garmins, Tom Toms, Yahoo Maps, MapQuest, etc.
- Physical Ability to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. and ability to comfortably walk at a steady pace throughout the work day.
- Valid Driver's License: Must have a clean Driving Record, free of any moving violations within the last five years and without any suspensions (for any reason); minimal non-moving violations (less than three within the last five years).
- Self-motivated with ability to work with little supervision.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time.
- Must be willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions applicable.
Pay Rate: $15.50 an hour
|Stooping||X||Range of Motion||X|
|Kneeling||X||Hearing - Speech Range||X|
|Body Twisting||X||Color Vision||X|
|Sense of Touch||X||Carrying||X|
|Seeing Distant||X||Climbing Ladders||X|
|Climbing On/Off Truck||X||Climbing Stairs||X|
|Gripping||X||Lifting up to 10 lbs||X|
|Lifting over 10 lbs to 50 lbs||X||Lifting up to 50 lbs||X|
|Rarely = less than 10%|
|Occasionally = up to 33%|
|Frequently = up to 66%|
|Continously = 67% to 100%|
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language:
English – Spanish – Arabic – Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language:
English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: