American Mechanical Services (AMS) is a dynamic organization focused on serving commercial, industrial and institutional property owners and managers through a strategic partnership.
American Mechanical Services facilitates the long-term management of HVACR, and Plumbing systems. We have locations in Denver, Colorado Springs, Dallas, Houston, San Diego, Washington DC/Baltimore, Los Angeles, and Indianapolis. We are a company dedicated to growth of our employees and customer base. We are a drug-free environment and require a valid driving license.
AMS rewards your commitment with great wages, benefits including PTO, major medical, 401-k, and career opportunities. Join our team and enjoy the rewards.
Commercial HVAC Installers will work with numerous system parts and mechanisms. Must be able to work on retrofit and new construction projects with a good working knowledge of ductwork, electrical, controls, soldering, brazing and equipment start-up. Must be able to complete a given project within specific time frames and be able to communicate well with our customers.
- Work on heating, air conditioning, or refrigeration equipment.
- Install all type of duct systems from small TI's to complete buildings.
- Knowledge of high an low electrical wiring practices.
- Know piping to include gas, water, condensate, and refrigeration.
- Lay out and connect electrical wiring between the controls and equipment according to the wiring diagram. Be able to understand wiring schematic high and low voltage
- Obtain and maintain required certifications.
- Comply with all applicable standards, policies, and procedures, including safety procedures.
- Inspect and test systems to verify compliance with plans and specifications and to detect and locate malfunctions.
- Understanding of the following:
- Rooftop Units
- Split systems
- Chillers (reciprocating and screw)
Build strong customer relationships and build knowledge and understanding of new and existing customer needs/expectations
- Minimum 5 yrs experience specific to the commercial HVAC industry
- Knowledge of the theory, methods, practices, tools, and equipment of the trade.
- Possess own basic hand tools
- Knowledge of the operating principles and characteristics of the various types of refrigeration, pneumatic/ddc control, and air conditioning systems.
- Knowledge of basic electricity and control systems.
- Ability to apply the theory, technique, principles, and processes of the HVAC mechanic's trade.
- Ability to read, understand, and work from blueprints, specifications, and schematics.
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach, or stand, lift and move heavy objects.
Additional Skills Desired:
- Trade school education is preferred
We use de-centralized dispatch via company-supplied vehicle with cell phone/company radio.
- Health Plan- Multiple PPO and HMO's Available
- Dental Plan
- Life Insurance
- Vision Plan
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Blanket Travel Accident
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- 401-K Plan Company Match
- PTO (Paid Time Off) for vacation, sick days, and personal business
- Flexible Spending Accounts-Health Care & Dependent Care Reimbursements
- Employee Assistance Plan-Offers resources at no costs for many of life’s issues /concerns
- Legal Services-Limited services at no costs for some legal needs
Note: Listed benefits are brief and general in nature and not complete. Summary Plan Descriptions should be consulted for full details.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.