Corvallis Caring Place (CCP), a not-for-profit assisted living facility located in Oregon’s beautiful Willamette Valley, provides compassionate, quality care for seniors who need assistance with activities of daily living. CCP is a 42 apartment facility that offers affordable studio or one-bedroom apartments to seniors.
We are currently seeking an On-call/Part-time Cook to prepare healthy, delicious meals for our residents. If you are self-motivated with a positive outlook who shares our passion to serve and inspire excellence, consider joining us.
Schedule may vary though hours are typically 11 AM - 7:30 PM, including some weekends.
1. Prepares food and beverage offerings in accordance with sanitary regulations, and established policies and procedures.
2. Responsible for following Dietary work schedule.
3. Assists in maintaining the Dietary Department in a safe and sanitary manner, sanitizing work area and equipment. Assures that food storage areas are clean and properly arranged.
4. Checks cleaning schedule on a daily basis.
5. Attends in-service training and dietary meetings as required.
6. Serves meals that are palatable and appetizing in appearance.
7. Reviews menus prior to preparation of food, using approved recipes and portion control procedures, making only authorized substitutions.
8. Prepares and inspects foods for therapeutic and special diets to assure they are correct.
9. Is responsive to a resident’s request for a change of menu provided the request is allowed by the prescribed diet.
10. Reports all hazardous equipment/conditions and accidents and occurrences to Dining Services Manager and/or facility designee creating a safe working environment.
11. Performs other related duties and activities as required by Dining Services Manager or the Administrator.
• Supportive of the Corvallis Caring Place Philosophy of Care.
• Possession of or ability to obtain a food handler’s card within two weeks of hire.
• Related work experience in an institutional food service department. One year of experience as a cook preferred.
• Ability to lift and carry 5 to 20 lbs. of food items or supplies and equipment.
• Ability to move frequently during the work day, including lifting, carrying, standing, sitting, bending, reaching, twisting, and kneeling.
• Ability to safely operate oven/stove and other equipment.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Leadership ability and willingness to work with other dietary personnel and staff.
• Ability to work with and communicate effectively with the elderly
Corvallis Caring Place is located at: 750 NW 23rd St, Corvallis, OR 97330
Equal Opportunity Employer
Pre-employment drug test and criminal background check required for new hires
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.