Estimating Assistant needed in our Farmington, CT location!
Looking for a great place to work, learn and grow…. A place where you can make a difference …A place where relationships are everything…..Look no more! KBE is in search of a Estimating Assistant that is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and “dive in”. If you are a self starter, possess great organizational skills, excellent attention to detail and are a problem solver and can keep up in a fast paced ever changing environment that is deadline driven, then KBE is for you!
KBE’s mission Building Excellence Together guides all that we do. It is founded on open, collaborative communication with our clients, design partners, contractors and employees and exemplified by our four core values: Dedication / Innovation / Integrity and Pride.
You will be performing administrative office work for the Estimating Team and assisting in the daily operations of the estimating department. This position assists in assembling and analyzing all bidding documents including, but not limited to: drawings, specifications, proposals, Owner/ Architect/ Engineer documentation and reports. Assisting in the preparation of detailed time, cost and labor estimates or competitive bid for construction projects. Preparing documents for distribution to parties interested in bidding projects and compiling all final documentation for Owner/ Architect review. During the process of bidding, identify potential problems and project cost savings along with developing recommendations to save time, Labor and material costs.
- Someone who is a self starter?
- Someone who likes to learn?
- Someone who is detail oriented and likes to work in a fast-paced environment?
- A solid communicator who likes to negotiate?
- Someone who is organized and results driven?
- Someone that does not mind traveling?
Then come join us!
Successful Candidates Need:
- BS in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering Technology, or related field
- 2+ years of construction administrator experience or 5 years in a combination of estimating and construction project management
- General knowledge of estimating techniques, conceptual budgeting, cost control, competitive, lump sum bidding, planning, scheduling, and material pricing
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook and Project Scheduling)
- Ability to calculate mathematical extensions, read and understand engineering drawings, purchase orders, contracts, cost coding systems, etc. is essential.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of commonly used business practices as they relate to construction
Regionally located in Farmington, Connecticut and Columbia, Maryland, KBE Building Corporation is a $300 million construction company serving New England and the Mid-Atlantic, Founded in 1959, KBE provides design-build, construction management, and general contracting services to federal, senior living, educational, corporate, institutional, and retail clients. Engineering News-Record ranks KBE among the top 400 U.S construction companies.
KBE Building Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
KBE is a VEVRAA Compliant Federal Contractor.
- Vacation / Sick Days
- Volunteer time during workday
- Company Holidays/ Floating Holidays (used at employee discretion)
- Flex time and telecommuting options
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance / Supplemental Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401K Plan with company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Leadership Development Programs
- Wellness Fair
- Corporate Outings and Events
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Summer Hours
- Business Casual Attire per Corporate Policies
TO JOIN OUR TEAM - APPLY NOW!
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.