Please Note: This Position is for our Corporate Office in Addison Texas
Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by performing the following duties.
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Complies and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
- Performs statistical analyses to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes and writes narrative reports explaining findings.
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position for other managers.
- Audits contracts, orders and vouchers, and prepares reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement.
- Determines proper handling of financial transactions and approves transactions within designated limits.
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents and reports.
- Installs, modifies, documents, and coordinates implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures.
- Devises and implements system for general accounting.
- Makes recommendations regarding the accounting of reserves, assets and expenditures.
- Conducts studies and submits recommendations for improving the organization’s accounting operation.
- Collects appropriate data and prepares federal, state and local reports and tax returns.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience Required
- Three to five years’ accounting experience, public accounting a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting required, CPA or CPA test eligible a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, project management and communication skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Language Ability:
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations.
- Ability to read and interpret reports, business correspondence and procedural manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Executive Directors and Executive Team.
- Cognitive Demands:
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to build and create systems that are not currently in place
- Computer Skills:
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office (especially Excel), accounting software and databases
- Interacts with guests, residents and staff in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities. Makes oneself available. Improves processes, products and services.
- Works primarily indoors in a climate controlled setting.
Normal office environment. Work from home as needed. Occasional lifting of materials. Frequent telephone work. Ability to sit and work at a computer for long periods of time. Ability to work overtime as needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this role.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.